I used to dislike bananas very much, everything from the taste to the texture put me off, but I have taught myself to like them. Whilst browsing the internet for sugar free cookies and not finding one that was easy yet quick to make, I took the matter in to my own hands. This recipe is another great one to have in your book! It is simple, super quick to make and most importantly delicious. It is also sugar free, gluten free, dairy free! And did I mention it only requires TWO ingredients, but you can customise them to your liking.
You will need (for approximately 7 cookies):
2-4 dl of oats (depending on the size of your banana you might need more or less, I usually eye the amount, the mixture should be wet enough to mould but not too wet).
That is it!
Optional ingredients that I put in or have had in the cookies!
– Any kind of nuts or seeds, I have used almond and in the ones I made yesterday I had in cashews = Delicious!
– Any kind of dried fruit, I always put in dried cranberries in my cookies.
– Some kind of flavouring, vanilla or cinnamon.
– I actually had some leftover müsli that i replaced a bit of the oats with, the müsli already had a nice blend of oats, seeds and nuts, so I did not have to add much else.
– Anything else you think might be delicious to have in them!
Preheat your oven to 175 °C or 350 °F. Mush your banana and add your oats. If you decide to add anything else, (which you definitely should) do not add all of your oats, when you add other ingredients the ingredients absorb the banana like the oats do so you might not need as much oats!
Line a baking sheet with some parchment paper. Spoon as much mixture as you want, depending on the size cookie you want. Flatten the mixture down with a fork or your hand, the flatter the cookie the better in this case, because how much you cook them they will never go super hard. The flatter the cookies are the better they actually taste!
Put them in to the oven for about 20 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown, let them cool and devour!
You can store them in an airtight container for a few days, they are a great snack for on the go, and very nutritious!
Btw! A huge thanks to my sister who shoot the lovely pictures for me!
Hope you try them out and if you do ENJOY!